"Dangerous Content" or "Banned Content"?

Bingham, Ryan ryanb at AACRAO.ORG
Wed Nov 19 17:50:18 GMT 2003

I would have to agree with Timothy.  "Banned" has pretty strong
censorship connotations in the US.

I'm trying to think of something more neutral.

For what it's worth, here's the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus entry for
dangerous:
*********
Entry Word: dangerous
Function: adjective
Text: 1 attended by or involving the possibility of injury, pain, or
loss <a dangerous crossing>
Synonyms chancy, ||dangersome, hairy, hazardous, jeopardous, parlous,
perilous, risky, treacherous, unhealthy, unsound, wicked; GRAVE 3
Related Word insecure, precarious, uncertain, unsafe; chance, haphazard,
hit-or-miss, random; critical, menacing, serious, threatening
Idioms beset (or fraught) with danger, on a collision course
Contrasted Words certain, reliable; harmless, innocent
Antonyms safe, secure
2
Synonyms GRAVE 3, fell, grievous, major, serious, ugly
********

How about "Menacing Content" :-)

Ryan