MailScanner not behaving - endless loop?

Robert Waldner waldner at WALDNER.PRIV.AT
Wed Nov 19 13:32:53 GMT 2003

Hi!

Every time I start MailScanner there's one process which eats away at
 the CPU and does (seemingly) nothing at all. Also happens with
 Debug=yes. I guess that it's the "master"-process, because it's the
 one whose PID logs "MailScanner starting" to syslog.

The "nastiest" of those had used more than 500 CPU-minutes when I
 killed it. There's nothing suspiciously big in mqeue.in or incoming.

strace doesn't show any system calls, so it sure looks like an endless
 loop from my limited POV.

MailScanner 4.25-6 on Debian "stale", any hints/help/etc. very much
 appreciated.

cheers+tia,
&rw
--
-- Luser is always a luser. You can't educate them. That's not what
-- God invented education for. That's what Simon invented LART for.