Who owns MIME::Tools?

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at YORK.AC.UK
Wed Nov 19 09:40:56 GMT 2003

Greetings -

--On Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:21 pm +0100 Peter Bonivart
<peter at UCGBOOK.COM> wrote:

> You say that you use the ports that are based on CPAN. I also use CPAN
> for everything but MIME:Tools because that needs to be patched.

Just for info...

You can still use CPAN to install this module, even though patches need to
be applied first.  The trick is to first use the CPAN module's "look"
command to download (if necessary) the distribution and unpack it.  It then
starts a command shell with you located in the unpacked distributions
directory.

>From there you can easily apply the patches, then exit the shell to return
to the CPAN module's command prompt.  The use "make", "test" or "install"
as usual: it will build from the patched source code.

Cheers,

Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *