mailman and scanning

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon Nov 17 19:19:36 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 19:11, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions
wrote:

>With the initial setup and one test list we are noticing that there is
>considerable delay between posting a message to a list and the message
>being
>delivered. Both the sending server and the receiving one are running
>MS, so
>all messages are being scanned 4 times, which led us to believe that
>there
>may have been a potential bottleneck somewhere in our MS config.

Why not just whitelist mail _from_ your mailman server (so you only scan
in one direction).  If you really want to minimise delay you could even
run a second sendmail (or other MTA) daemon (on an alternative port?)
firewalled to only accept mail from the mailman server and to send it
straight out without even having to wait for MailScanner to pass it
through.