Who owns MIME::Tools? [Was: Re: Error Starting MS in Debog mode]

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Nov 17 17:57:30 GMT 2003

I thought of a simpler solution. The RPM:s already contain the patched
versions (so I've heard), so why not patch the module on the MailScanner
site? It's already there for downloading for us using the
tar-distribution and since it hasn't changed for a while it would be
easier for everyone if it was already patched. Now the documentation
lists the original MIME:Tools and the four patches and documentation for
patching it, but people will still ask for the commands to patch it, I
know because I did and I just answered related questions this weekend
myself.

To replace all that with the already patched version would be great.
Just call it MIME-tools-5.411patched.tar.gz or something.

I'm referring to this page:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/perl.shtml

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.23-11,
SpamAssassin 2.60 + DCC 1.2.9, ClamAV 20030829