Who owns MIME::Tools? [Was: Re: Error Starting MS in Debog mode]

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Mon Nov 17 10:13:20 GMT 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> At 14:40 16/11/2003, you wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >Yes Mime::Tools is installed.
> >
> >cpan> install MIME::Tools
> >MIME::Tools is up to date.
>
> In which case you have either
> (a) the wrong version
> or
> (b) a version without any of the necessary security patches. Please install
> it as per the instructions on the MailScanner website, this will apply some
> very important security patches.

I know we've discussed it several months ago but....

This topic of "MIME::Tools" patches keeps tripping up MS folk, and causing
a constant background trickle of problems.  And for new MS folk, it gets
them off to a rocky start with the MS product, potentially giving MS a
poorer name than the excellent one it undoubtedly deserves.

Is there no way that we (the MS community) can either encourage the
MIME::Tools authors to update the code, or to adopt "MIME::Tools"
ourselves?  (Obviously when I write "we", I mean "one of us except me"!)