Error Starting MS in Debog mode

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Nov 16 11:30:36 GMT 2003

At 22:47 15/11/2003, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I have perl 5.8.1
>MS 4.24-5
>SA 2.60
>
>AFAIK I have all required modules installed, MS appears to start ok
>however nothing is written to the log files and the mail in the queue is
>un-touched. It does show that MailScanner is running:
>
>root   665     1  0 14:23:27 ?        0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd
>-ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in

As it says, that is sendmail and not MailScanner itself.

>When I try running MS in de-bugging mode I get the following error:
>
>./check_mailscanner.solaris
>Starting MailScanner...
>In Debugging mode, not forking...
>Can't locate object method "config" via package "MIME::ToolUtils" at
>/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner line 571.
>
>I do not have a ToolUtils package and could not seem to find one via cpan.
>Or am I getting sidetracked away form the original problem by going after
>the debugging problem?

In which case you have not installed MIME-tools. Please read and follow the
installation instructions on the web site
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/other.shtml

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654