ANNOUNCE: MailWatch for MailScanner 0.4

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Sun Nov 16 11:05:30 GMT 2003

Hi Gerry,

Double-check your setting of VIRUS_REGEX in functions.php as this is the
only thing that can affect the report.

If you can't see a problem - off-list, let me know which scanner you use and
zip up the output of the following command and mail it to me:

mysqldump mailscanner maillog --where='virusinfected=1 LIMIT 10' > dump.sql

and I'll have a look and see if I can see what the problem is.

Kind regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerry Doris
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: 11/15/03 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: MailWatch for MailScanner 0.4

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Pete russell wrote:

> That coumn is blank in this release by design - check for Steve's
other
> posting on this topic - it previously contained the message ID.
>
> The other error is caused by not having any virus data to display (I
> think) send an eicar test virus through your scanner and check that
> reports agin.
>
> Goodluck
> Pete

Thanks for your reply.  I checked the archives and sure enough I had
missed the message about the first column with the # sign.  Actually I
do
remember reading it now but it didn't register!

As for the virus data not appearing in the graph...I still have that
problem.  I sent myself two of the dumaru virii and they are properly
logged by mailwatch both in the window on the top right hand side of the
display and in the quarantine log for today.  However, I still get the
same error when I try and display the Top Virus graph.  Everything else
works great.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.