how do you bypass virus scanning?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Fri Nov 14 17:00:12 GMT 2003

Hi,

        I tried to write a simple tutorial for rules.  Please correct me as I havent written tons of those, and english is not my mother tonge.

1-for every setting that says: "This can also be the
filename of a ruleset", you can create rules for specific
users, domain, network (from or to).

<ToDo> Any other actions or criterias (FromOrTo?)?

2-You just go to the setting you are looking for in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.  For example, lets' use the one called "High Scoring Spam Actions = ".

3-You put the path to the file of the ruleset you want to use (%rules-dir%/high.scoring.rules, for example.

4-You then create the file, and following the pattern in %rules-dir%/EXAMPLES, you build your rules.  You enter your criterias on the left side (Ex. To: @domain.com) and you enter what actions you want on the right (forward user at domain.com). Don't forget to put a default entry.  What you put on the right-hand side is what will replace the setting in MailScanner.conf, for this criteria.

5-Finally restart or reload MailScanner and test it out.