OT: Linux Mail Server

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Thu Nov 13 17:19:51 GMT 2003

If you can get the mail into Outlook using the methods below, you can
export the mail to a PST (Personal Folder File), and then use this tool
to convert it to mbox format. This worked from me when I finally got
around to transitioning from my Windows to my Linux desktop.

http://www.active-com.de/out2unix/html_en/index.php

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: David While [mailto:David.While at UCE.AC.UK]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 8:06 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: OT: Linux Mail Server

I know its slightly convoluted but......

1. Use an Outlook client to connect to your notes mail server (go to
control panel - mail and you should find the Lotus Notes option.

2. Drag and drop the mail into a local folder. This can be done in one
go by selecting all the messages.

3. Forward the mail to new server

et voila!

We did this when moving from Notes to Exchange (Don't ask! I know its a
backward step!).
David While
Technical Development Manager
Faculty of Computing, Information & English
University of Central England
Tel: 0121 331 6211