sa-learn, where is it?

Harvey Artz harveya at AVERYHILLS.COM
Thu Nov 13 15:51:53 GMT 2003

Its strange. I've tried searches on everything, did the install
Mail::SpamAssassin with no problems, etc. Did searches on the newsgroup,
and google. I'm just lost.

Its not critical, just one of those things that are annoying me. I'll
work on it more when I have some time.

Thanks for the help all.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Pete russell
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 11:57 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: sa-learn, where is it?

Also its in the src dir after you unpack the tar ball. In red hat, do
locate -u to update the database, then do locate sa-learn

Or find / -name sa-learn too I thunk?

I have just spent 2 days (I a bit slower than most) trying to figure out
sa-learn and bayes.

As some one here advised me, don't run it as root, run it the user you
use in your mailscanner.conf

Use the --prefs-file option eg ./sa-learn --prefs-file=
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.comf or you MAY end up updating
databases that wont get used by mailscanner

goodluck

Pete