Changing SpamAssassin Scores

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Thu Nov 13 13:49:40 GMT 2003

Greg Miller wrote:

> I am having a problem modifying the default SA scores. I am adding a
> line to /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf such as
>
> score PENIS_ENLARGE2 5.00
>
> However, email that is hitting that test, as shown by the header, is
> only score 2.3 or below. What might I be doing wrong?

Do you have the following in MailScanner.conf?

        Use SpamAssassin = yes

Have you restarted MailScanner?

> Also, how do I change the MailScanner headers so that they give the
> scores and the descriptions of every test that has hit. Setting
> use_terse_report to 0 doesn't seem to do the trick.

Do you have the following settings in MailScanner.conf?

# Do you want the full spam report, or just a simple "spam / not spam"
report?
Detailed Spam Report = yes

# Do you want to include the numerical scores in the detailed
SpamAssassin
# report, or just list the names of the scores
Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes

# Do you want to always include the Spam Report in the SpamCheck
# header, even if the message wasn't spam?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Dustin