[Clamav-announce] new ClamAV release (fwd)

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Thu Nov 13 09:38:56 GMT 2003

You should remove the old clam databases using

rm /usr/local/share/clamav/*db*

You can check if the old databases are being used from the "Known viruses"
statement when clamscan is run.

A correct install will show "Known viruses: 10145"

If you are referencing the old databases as well it will show

"Known viruses: 20262"

Dean Plant

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephe Campbell [mailto:campbell at CNPAPERS.COM]
Sent: 12 November 2003 20:22
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [Clamav-announce] new ClamAV release (fwd)

I'm a little confused about the 'delete databases' thingy. I used the tar
file to install 0.60 and the same to upgrade to 0.65. After the
installation, my renamed and undeleted databases were still present, and the
new format database was installed. I guess (I hope) it doesn't recognize
anything from the old install, and I just ran the configure, make and make
install over top of the old one. All seems fine.

If any one finds this to be in error as to procedures, please post to the
list.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers