[Clamav-announce] new ClamAV release (fwd)

Christo Bezuidenhout christo at IT4AFRICA.CO.ZA
Wed Nov 12 14:31:15 GMT 2003

How do we run the upgrade. Just configure and make install. Where do we
get the Databases to remove.

Thanx

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Robert Waldner
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 4:12 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [Clamav-announce] new ClamAV release (fwd)

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:04:34 GMT, Julian Field writes:
>>> Would this be a clean upgrade if we're using MailScanner?  Or is
>>> this some more work for poor Julian?!

>>Well, David, test and report on the list :) Last betas run ok, do i
>>guess it will be ok. I can test myself tonight...

>I've just run it on a message with 3 eicars in it (one of which is in a

>zip file), and it reported all 3 just fine. So at a quick glance, it
>does indeed work okay.

I've tested it a bit more extensively (with eicar, Mimail, Sobig, and
 different compressions up to 3 levels) and, indeed, it seems to work
fine.

As does MailScanner, but that's nothing new ;)

cheers,
&rw
--
-- You know you have a bad personality when you swallow
-- your pride and it gives you food poisoning.