[Clamav-announce] new ClamAV release (fwd)

Robert Waldner waldner at WALDNER.PRIV.AT
Wed Nov 12 14:12:04 GMT 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:04:34 GMT, Julian Field writes:
>>> Would this be a clean upgrade if we're using MailScanner?  Or is this
>>> some more work for poor Julian?!

>>Well, David, test and report on the list :) Last betas run ok, do i guess
>>it will be ok. I can test myself tonight...

>I've just run it on a message with 3 eicars in it (one of which is in a zip
>file), and it reported all 3 just fine.
>So at a quick glance, it does indeed work okay.

I've tested it a bit more extensively (with eicar, Mimail, Sobig, and
 different compressions up to 3 levels) and, indeed, it seems to work
 fine.

As does MailScanner, but that's nothing new ;)

cheers,
&rw
--
-- You know you have a bad personality when you swallow
-- your pride and it gives you food poisoning.