Separating Spamassassin into a separate process

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon Nov 10 14:38:41 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I dont want to sound like a broken record (remember those?) but my boss is
really making my life difficult :(

Apparently the functionality to use SpamAssassin's native reports in
MailScanner is a very low priority which is fair enough.  So I was
wondering if anyone could suggest a possible config that works like this:

Incoming Message -> MailScanner -> spamc/spamd -> delivery (via sendmail)

Basically, I'd switch off SpamAssassin in MailScanner.  After MailScanner
has done it's magic, pipe it through spamc/spamd to get those precious
(grrr) reports for the user and then let sendmail deliver it.
(procmail/milter maybe??)

The system is running Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.22-5 and SpamAssassin
2.60.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

--James
A random quote of nothing:

Vila: "I think I have just made the biggest mistake of my life."

Orac: "It is unlikely.  I would predict there are far greater mistakes
      waiting to be made by someone with your obvious talent for it."