ANNOUNCE: MailWatch for MailScanner 0.4

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Nov 10 11:20:21 GMT 2003

Hi Pete,

Logging to the 2nd machine would save you some cycles on the 1st machine as
you wouldn't need to run the MySQL server, Apache or PHP on it.

However you won't be able to use the Quarantine facilities as the
DISTRIBUTED_SETUP mode disables it as it can only work with local files at
present.

The UPGRADING file in root dir of the tarball containg the upgrade procedure
for both 0.3beta and 0.2.

Kind regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete russell <pete at EATATHOME.COM.AU>
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Mon Nov 10 11:08:03 2003
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: MailWatch for MailScanner 0.4

In regards to distributed - I have 2 very old and slow machine handling
the load for my 2 domains - the load is split over them using MX
records.

Each machine currently has its own MYSQL and Mailwatch install.

Currently the 2nd machine gets almost no traffic, we are smallish site
and the 1st server handles the load fine so far.

If I placed used the 2nd machine to handle all the mailwatch stuff,
would I be placing an extra load on the 1st machine, by asking it to log
to sql on the 2nd machine - is there an extra load logging this
remotely, as oppose to locally?

I am using heaps of RAM already, but CPU still seems to have plenty of
room left for some more load.

I cant find any upgrade doco from .3 to .4 ?

Thanks
Pete