very urgent problem with MailScanner + postfix

David Vosburgh vosburgh at DALSEMI.COM
Fri Nov 7 15:04:55 GMT 2003

I had a different message - "SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 20", but the same general problem (extreme
slowness delivering mail).  My actual problem turned out to be an
ex-user that was forwarding corporate email to a hotmail account that
had hit it's quota. His email was getting bounced back and forth,
growing all the time.  After we changed his alias to /dev/null and
restarted MS, the queue cleared very quickly.  I've since reduced the
number of messages scanned in one pass, Max Unscanned/Unsafe Messages
Per Scan, from 30 (default) to 10.  FWIW, it does appear that my system
(Sun 220R w/ 2x450Mhz,1GB RAM) is "happier" with this setting.

Dave