New feature request

Robert Waldner waldner at WALDNER.PRIV.AT
Thu Nov 6 17:38:41 GMT 2003

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:12:54 GMT, Julian Field writes:
>So all I can set is the umask.
>
>What do you want to be able to set the umask on?

Everything under "Quarantine Dir", I'd say. (At least, that's the only
 place *I* need it ;) )

>Incoming Work Umask = 0600
>Quarantine Umask = 0600
>
>Those would be the default values.
>I will insist on them being octal so that "man 2 chmod" explains the settings.

If you're gonna call it "umask", referring to "chmod" is, uhm,
 dangerous. Confusion will ensue. "permissions" would be what I'd go
 for.

>Is this okay, and still worth it?

Absolutely.

cheers+tia,
&rw
--
-- "The vacuum of space can suck like a mofo!"
-- "Captain, get your penis out of the window!"