I need to quarantine message attachments and remove infected (viruses) attachments

Magda Hewryk mhewryk at SYMCOR.COM
Thu Nov 6 15:55:55 GMT 2003

Hi,

I still struggle to find a way to quarantine only message attachments and
remove permanently infected attachments (found viruses)
Can this be done with MS?

The below relates to both:  message attachments and infected-viruses
attachments, so I can't turn the Quarantine Infections to no because it
will stop saving the message attachments on the system.  In case when the
user requests the attachment  I would not have a way to retrieve it for
her/him.

Any idea how can I accomplish my goal?
Regads,
Magda

# Set where to store infected and message attachments (if they are kept)
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Quarantine Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine
# Quarantine Dir = /home/quarantine

# Do you want to store copies of the infected attachments and messages?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Quarantine Infections = yes