trouble with MailScanner-4.24-5

Cecilia Cabrera ccabrera at SCOOBY.UBA.AR
Wed Nov 5 16:01:44 GMT 2003

Hi, I had a MailScanner-3.22-12 working with SpamAssassin on a Solaris 5.7
(spark) and (sight) decided to upgrade the perl version form 5.005 to
5.8.1. After this, MailScanner didn't start again due to some modules
missing, so I decided to upgrade MailScanner and downloaded the latest
version (reinstalled perl modules, etc).

MailScanner-4.24-5 seemed to work fine, at least it didn't complain. Yet,
messages don't get delivered at all. Sendmail receives the messages and
puts them in /var/spool/mqueue.in but they never leave that place!

I run MailScanner as root, checked permissions, re-read MailScanner.conf
completely, and disabled SpamAssassin and Virus scan (i was using Sophos)
to reduce the posibilities of failure with no result.

I'm not getting any logs or warnings.

Does anybody know what may be wrong or how to debug this??

Thanks for your help,
Cecilia.