Mimail virus & Restart

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 17:07:24 GMT 2003

At 16:40 05/11/2003, you wrote:
>A couple newbie (MailScanner newbie and Linux newbie) questions:
>
>1) Is this the correct way to block zip files?
>
>deny    ZIP     No Zip temporarily   Zip files temporarily blocked due to
>mimail
>virus

Would be better done as
deny    \.zip$  No Zip temporarily      Zip files tempor......
and remember to separate the 4 fields with tab characters and not spaces.

>2) On RH how do I restart MailScanner without rebooting the server? I found
>this in the documentation, but it doesn't mention restarting sendmail so I
>wanted to confirm that these four commands are all that are needed.
>
>         service sendmail stop
>         chkconfig sendmail off
>         chkconfig --level 2345 MailScanner on
>         service MailScanner start

No, that is for disabling sendmail and enabling MailScanner. All you need
to do to restart sendmail on RH is
         service MailScanner restart

--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654