Postfix AROUND MailScanner

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Wed Nov 5 13:41:13 GMT 2003

Hello all...

> chris at TRUDEAU.ORG 04/11/03 16:13:57 >>>
>I would like my inbound instance of postfix (which per the
documentation
>SIMPLY defers all mail for MS to pickup and scan) to actually deliver
>messages originating FROM this address without sending them to the MS

>queue.
>Any ideas?

I'm using MS with Postfix in a slightly 'non-standard' way, but which
is working fine for 13-15K messages we deal with (actually it might be
more, I never bothered counting our outgoing email!)...

I'm using a 'header_check' like so:

In main.cf -
header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks

In header_checks -

/^Received:.*by .*\.lshtm.ac.uk \(Postfix\)/ HOLD

This puts the incoming mail in the 'hold' queue, and then
I have in MailScanner.conf -

Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming

I could be wrong, but if you find a pattern, and then do

/pattern/ OK

above the HOLD pattern, the messages should be passed through
Postfix normally.

The advantage of this (non-standard) setup is that you only run one
instance of the MTA as well, but naturally that needs a little fiddling
with the init-script to keep things happy...