OT: Linux Distrobutions?

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Nov 5 04:11:37 GMT 2003

I heard today that Novell had bought SuSE, which scratches that possibility as
far as I'm concerned. That's the outfit that seems to routinely acquire and
destroy going concerns. Remember WordPerfect? They also created Caldera, which
morphed into the current SCO. Everything they touch seems to go to worms.

I'm distressed over these developments. I had just decided to rev all my RedHat
machines, which is most of my machines, to 9.0 and sign up for the RedHat
Network service on all of them, which is no longer an option. Any other distro
is going to be a wrenching change compared to that.

Van

Julian Field wrote:

> Lots of people on this list are bound to vote for Debian, but personally I
> have always found it to be the "enthusiast's" distro. Usual rules on flame
> wars and religious debates apply :)
> SuSE is a good alternative to RedHat.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,