ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.25-5 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Nov 1 17:40:24 GMT 2003

There haven't been many changes this month, apart from some new additional
code which I haven't yet thoroughly tested. The new code shouldn't get in
the way, and the default setup has it disabled anyway.

I am not planning a stable release for November, as there really haven't
been enough changes to justify it.

I have added the "disarm" option for the "Allow ...." HTML checks, so you
can choose to just disarm the individual HTML tags rather than convert the
entire message to plain text.

For other changes, see the ChangeLog below.

NOTE: A new module is used now, Net::CIDR. So you will either have to
install this module from CPAN or else run the install.sh script again. If
you want to install it from CPAN, then it's simply
        perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::CIDR'

Download as usual from
        www.mailscanner.info

1/11/2003 New in Version 4.25-5
================================
* New Features and Improvements *
- Panda version 7.0 supported.
- Added dependency on Net::CIDR module so could add support for more ways of
   specifying IP ranges in rulesets. Can now do all of:
152.78.
/^152\.78/
152.78.0.0/16
152.78.0.0-152.78.255.255
- Added support for "disarm" option on all HTML tag detectors, which will
   disarm those tags while leaving the rest of the HTML intact.
- Added support for retrieving configuration from LDAP.
- Changed SpamAssassin timeout handler to kill processes and not process group.

* Fixes*
- RPM distribution install.sh script now checks and creates pod2text properly.
- A couple of others I forgot to document :-(
--
Julian Field
PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654