disabling RBL checks and SpamAssassin time out errors

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu May 29 23:05:01 IST 2003

In your case, it sounds like the RBLs are not the cause of the problem..

I'd try running spamassassin on the command line with debug output turned
on and see where it "sticks".. RBLs are by far the most common sticking
point that causes SA to take too long, but razor, dcc, pyzor, certain
configfile typos, and other things can also wedge it up for a bit of time..

spamassassin -tD <sample-spam.txt

(sample-spam.txt comes in the SA tarball).

You'll probably have to copy the spam.assassin.prefs.conf from MailScanner
to ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs while running this test to have it act the
same as when MailScanner calls it...

It's also a good opportunity to lint your config files

spamassassin --lint