disabling RBL checks and SpamAssassin time out errors

Vasantha Narayanan vnarayan at HAVERFORD.EDU
Thu May 29 22:01:23 IST 2003

Hi,

I'm running MailScanner-4.20-3 with SpamAssassin-2.50 on a Solaris 2.8 machine.

I do not want SpamAssassin to do RBL checks.  I've set "skip_rbl_checks 1"
in  spam.assassin.prefs.conf.  But yet, it seems as though RBL checks are
indeed being done.  I get the following error -
"MailScanner[3708]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed, consecutive
failure 1 of 20".

I read in the archives that this error can be avoided if SpamAssassin
Timeout is set to 40 and Scanner timeout is set to 10.  But this already
seems to be the default.

Any tips on what is causing this error and how to avoid it?  Is this caused
by RBL checks?  If so, what more needs to be done to disable it?

Thanks.

Vasantha

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Vasantha Narayanan
Networking and Systems                  email: vnarayan at haverford.edu
Haverford College, PA                   Phone:
610-896-1110