bayes engine not working?

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu May 29 13:47:57 IST 2003

Anjana,

The correct way of calling check_bayes_db is:  './check_bayes_db
--dbpath=/var/spool/spamassassin/bayes', not the way you have described
below which doesn't seem to give an error if you get the path wrong it just
seems to use the default of ~/.spamassassin as the path which is probably
why you are seeing this.

You might also try doing: 'sa-learn -D -p
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --rebuild 2>&1 | less' and see
what output you get from that.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Steve