Beta release 4.21-6

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed May 28 12:09:40 IST 2003

Julian

I have installed the Beta 4.21-6 version knowing that it may be updated
before it becomes the stable version in June. When that happens, what is
the best strategy to reliably identify and update all the changed
components in my installed 4.21-6 MS system?

I guess I could re-install as the only local changes I make are to the
reports and to various rules files, all under ~/etc/*. However I suspect
there will be fewer changed "system" files in ~/lib and ~/bin/* than
files I have changed under ~/etc.

This suggests just replacing the ~/lib and ~/bin/* directories from the
stable version?

I do not use the RPM version of MS although I run RedHat on our systems.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.