Eicar.zip not detected + performance stats

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue May 27 19:28:08 IST 2003

I just tested:

# clamscan
/root/mail/MailScanner-4.21-6.tar.gz: OK
/root/mail/clamav-20030403.tar.gz: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/eicarcom2.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/eicar_com.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/eicar.com: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/dcc-dccproc.tar.Z: OK
/root/mail/eicar.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND

# /opt/MailScanner/lib/clamav-wrapper
/root/mail/MailScanner-4.21-6.tar.gz: OK
/root/mail/clamav-20030403.tar.gz: ClamAV-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/eicarcom2.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/eicar_com.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/eicar.com: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND
/root/mail/dcc-dccproc.tar.Z: OK
/root/mail/eicar.zip: Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND

Looks OK to me. I think I used default on both MailScanner and ClamAV.

# which clamscan
/usr/local/bin/clamscan
# ls -l /opt/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         18 May 19 11:42 MailScanner ->
MailScanner-4.21-6
drwxr-xr-x   7 root     root         512 May 19 16:52 MailScanner-4.21-6

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun