Fragmented messages ?

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Fri May 23 16:15:28 IST 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:54:27PM +0200, Sylvain Blanc - CRI du Pays De Gex et du Bassin Bellegardien wrote:
> > So you end up with the two possibilities that MailScanner 4.x gives you:
> > You either forbid fragmented messages (the most reasonable one) or allow
> them
> > to pass thru without being scanned at all. But seriously, in the current
> > bandwidth Internet, I see really _very_ little use for fragmented
> messages,
> > the most prominent one would be... attacking :-)
>
> So how your users send their big messages, if they can't be fragmented ??

Well, how big is a "big" message?

We have a limit of 5 MegaBytes here, subject to reduction at any
time.

Folks who want us to receive bigger files can put them on a web
server or ftp server.

Folks who want us to send them bigger files can make arrangements
to have them placed on our external webserver, possibly with
password protection.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx