SA RBL Failing

Brady A. Tucker batucker at ICNET.NET
Thu May 22 22:39:49 IST 2003

Dropped back to SA 2.55 with no help...

I think I may have found the issue with this,  bl.spamcop.net is
unresolvable,  therefore when spamcop (bl.spamcop.net) is on the MailScanner
rbl list it fails, timeout doesn't seem to work since it doesn't resolve ?
Suspecting this is what's causing SA to fail is well, what do I put in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf or how do I disable this one RBL in spam assassin
to test this ?   All other RBL addresses are resolving fine,  so I'm not
sure what's up with that yet.

You can see from the dig... 0 answers...

[root at mailgw MailScanner]# dig bl.spamcop.net

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> bl.spamcop.net
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 20630
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;bl.spamcop.net.                        IN      A

;; Query time: 534 msec
;; SERVER: 66.210.152.16#53(66.210.152.16)
;; WHEN: Thu May 22 16:28:47 2003
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 32

                                      Brady A. Tucker
                                      Internet Complete! inc.