OT: SA Timeout Issues

Francesco Rotondo f.rotondo at TESEO.IT
Thu May 22 16:15:04 IST 2003

Another task which may cause SA to timeout is the check for a valid MX.
I put these settings in my spam.assassin.prefs.conf (you can see the
default values too):

# By default, SpamAssassin checks the From: address for a valid MX
three times, waiting 5
# seconds each time.
# check_mx_attempts n (default: 3)
check_mx_attempts 2

# How many seconds to wait before retrying an MX check.
# check_mx_delay n (default: 5)
check_mx_delay 3

Regards,

Francesco