More problems with Sophos SAVI (fixed)

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Wed May 21 13:25:14 IST 2003

Julian et al

I have identified and fixed the problem. It appears that I modified
"sophoswrapper" a month or two ago when the IDE file structure changed.
Although not apparent at the time it caused "sweep" to revert to
searching the old format databases/files and this meant that later IDE
files such as "palyh-a.ide" were never used. It was still identifying
"older" viruses such as Yaha and the EICAR test virus.

Reverting back to the distributed "sophoswrapper" script and installing
and running MS-4.20-3 "sophos-autoupdate" has fixed the problem.

It appears that we do not need libsavi.so in /usr/local/Sophos/lib as we
already have libsavi.so.3 in there (linked to the current version of
libsavi.3.*)?

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."