sophoswrappers problem

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 20 19:40:24 IST 2003

At 19:22 20/05/2003, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Still trying to figure out why the sophoswrappers are not
>working.  Correction, I'm using MailScanner 3.22.  As a regular user I
>can't run sweep without getting this error:
>Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data
>
>Same goes for the sophoswrappers.  But, as root, sweep manually works fine
>but still not sophoswrappers.  It can't find sophos library.

Have you checked the settings in the sophoswrapper script to check they are
pointing at the correct directories? Also, make sure you have a recent
version of sophos-autoupdate. Sophos changed their layout a bit recently
and some users of old versions of MailScanner are being bitten by this change.

--
Julian Field