MailScanner error

Henry C. Chorlian chorlian at CBR.MED.HARVARD.EDU
Tue May 20 14:05:42 IST 2003

Good morning all,

I'm running an old version of mailscanner (3111).  It's been working fine until now.  I rebooted the server this morning and now I'm getting the following message:

Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data

When I run sweep * command I get:

ld.so.1: sweep: fatal: libsavi.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

This has to be a very simple problem, but at the moment I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.  More eyes better help.  Any suggestions on this? I'm sure this is a very simple problem.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Henry C. Chorlian
Director of Information Technology