OT: virtual mailsdomains

Stephen Swaney Steve at swaney.com
Mon May 19 22:22:19 IST 2003

I believe sendmail does support virtual domains. Check out the
virtualusertable feature in the sendmail.cf documentation:

virtusertable   A domain-specific form of aliasing, allowing multiple
                virtual domains to be hosted on one machine.  For
example,
                if the virtuser table contained:

                        info at foo.com    foo-info
                        info at bar.com    bar-info
                        joe at bar.com     error:nouser 550 No such user
here
                        jax at bar.com     error:5.7.0:550 Address invalid
                        @baz.org        jane at example.net

                then mail addressed to info at foo.com will be sent to the
                address foo-info, mail addressed to info at bar.com will be
                delivered to bar-info, and mail addressed to anyone at
baz.org
                will be sent to jane at example.net, mail to joe at bar.com
will
                be rejected with the specified error message, and mail
                jax at bar.com will also have a RFC 1893 compliant error
code
                5.7.0.

Hope this helps,