Silent virus list, was: Palyh-A virus

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 19 21:48:47 IST 2003

At 21:37 19/05/2003, you wrote:
>In my (corporate) environment the most important thing is that we (the
>support team) get notified when a virus email originates from within our
>ip block.  Now if there was a way to alter the subject of the postmaster
>virus notification when it refers to a local IP that would be great.  I
>appreciate this may be complicated by the fact that postmaster
>notifications can contain information about a whole batch of messages
>(although personally I rarely see more than one in a block).

Make the "languages.conf" entry point to a ruleset instead of just to the
file. Set up 2 different languages.conf files in the ruleset, like this:
FromOrTo:       123.456.
/etc/MailScanner/reports/en/internal.languages.conf
FromOrTo:       default         /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf

Then change the "NoticeSubject" entry in internal.languages.conf.

Should do exactly what you need.

--
Julian Field