Silent virus list, was: Palyh-A virus

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Mon May 19 21:37:55 IST 2003

In my (corporate) environment the most important thing is that we (the
support team) get notified when a virus email originates from within our
ip block.  Now if there was a way to alter the subject of the postmaster
virus notification when it refers to a local IP that would be great.  I
appreciate this may be complicated by the fact that postmaster
notifications can contain information about a whole batch of messages
(although personally I rarely see more than one in a block).

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 21:23, Remco Barendse wrote:

If you are a hoster you will know by the ip block the virus came from?

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Richard Siddall wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
> > Overall, I think we all need to move to a setup where we do sender
warnings
> > for people on our site/domain and don't bother informing the rest of
the
> > world at all.
>
> If you're in the web hosting business, is there a difference?  How do
> you determine whether the virus has come from a customer, a customer's
> client, or just a visitor to a customer's web site?
>
>         Richard.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000