Silent virus list, was: Palyh-A virus

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 19 20:44:25 IST 2003

At 20:22 19/05/2003, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:
>>Overall, I think we all need to move to a setup where we do sender warnings
>>for people on our site/domain and don't bother informing the rest of the
>>world at all.
>
>If you're in the web hosting business, is there a difference?  How do
>you determine whether the virus has come from a customer, a customer's
>client, or just a visitor to a customer's web site?

I don't think there is a difference. The day will shortly arrive when we
all just set
         Warn Senders = no
I have been anticipating this happening for a few months now. If most of
the senders are fake anyway, there is no point in trying to warn them at
all. Sad, but true :-(
I'm not going to change the default value in the distribution yet, but it
will happen one day soon.
--
Julian Field