whoa! Palyh-A getting thru MS 4.20-3

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at BARNET.AC.UK
Mon May 19 19:10:58 IST 2003

On 19 May 2003 at 13:05, mikea wrote:

> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:53:55PM -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>
> > I have had a couple of queries this morning about why people got email
> > from microsoft (I got one too), but the email had no attachment.  How
> > come SA scanned the message before the virus scan above?
>
> I'm signed on to a list which did the same thing this morning. I don't
> _mind_ too much that the mail got through, since the attachment was
> quarantined or otherwise yanked, but it would be better to have the
> whole thing stopped in its tracks before it ever hits the outbound
> NIC.
>
> In my case (and that of the other list), the virus is *not* being
> delivered.

It's not particular to any list "stripping" the attachment, my
colleague seems to have a received a number of messages today without
any attachment so my guess would be that the virus is slightly
faulty.

David.

This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.