whoa! Palyh-A getting thru MS 4.20-3

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Mon May 19 19:05:59 IST 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 01:53:55PM -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> I have had a couple of queries this morning about why people got email
> from microsoft (I got one too), but the email had no attachment.  How
> come SA scanned the message before the virus scan above?

I'm signed on to a list which did the same thing this morning. I don't
_mind_ too much that the mail got through, since the attachment was
quarantined or otherwise yanked, but it would be better to have the
whole thing stopped in its tracks before it ever hits the outbound
NIC.

In my case (and that of the other list), the virus is *not* being
delivered.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx