sophossavi-Postfix on Redhat 9

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun May 18 18:26:48 IST 2003

At 18:28 18/05/2003, you wrote:
>Hi Julian,
>
> > Let's see if the beta solves it.
>
>Sure did ... It is working now !!!
>MS 4.21-6, SA 2.54, sophossavi, Postfix, on Redhat 9.
>
>Thank you for whatever you did ...

Great.

>One thing about the install of the BETA, after running ./install.sh
>and starting MS, I got this error:
>
>Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
>          MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
>          incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>          outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>/etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 218: cd: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming: No
>such
>file or directory
>Starting MailScanner daemons:
>          incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>          outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>          MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
>

>I had to create /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming and chmod to postfix.postfix.

Are you using some other value for
Incoming Work Dir
in MailScanner.conf?
If so, you need to update the value of
WORKDIR
in /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner, so that the init.d script knows what to
clear up for you.

>I am not sure if the install.sh deleted the old *incoming* folder. Because, I
>was using the system for sending/receiving mail prior to the upgrade and never
>seen this message.

Ah, that's possible. The new installation scriptlets in the RPM don't
re-create the incoming and quarantine directories if they are already
there. Anyone else seeing this problem at all?
What I am trying to do is to not overwrite the incoming and quarantine
directories if they already exist, so you don't have to change their
ownership again if you are upgrading.

>Anyways, by creating /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming, everything is working
>just fine right now with 4.21-6 Beta.

Cool.
--
Julian Field