sophossavi-Postfix on Redhat 9

Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Sun May 18 18:28:01 IST 2003

Hi Julian,

> Let's see if the beta solves it.

Sure did ... It is working now !!!
MS 4.21-6, SA 2.54, sophossavi, Postfix, on Redhat 9.

Thank you for whatever you did ...

One thing about the install of the BETA, after running ./install.sh
and starting MS, I got this error:

Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
/etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 218: cd: /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming: No such
file or directory
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]

I had to create /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming and chmod to postfix.postfix.

I am not sure if the install.sh deleted the old *incoming* folder. Because, I
was using the system for sending/receiving mail prior to the upgrade and never
seen this message. Only it would not work when Virus Scanners is set to
sophossavi.

Anyways, by creating /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming, everything is working
just fine right now with 4.21-6 Beta.

Thank you
Marco