Bitdefender virus scanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 15 18:40:21 IST 2003

At 16:58 15/05/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > > I have just put up 4.21-5 incorporating support for the "Bitdefender"
> virus
> > > scanner. Don't all rush at once :-)
>
> > I dl'ed Bitdefender, but it doesn't detect the eicar string, is that a
> > feature ?
>
>I tested with 100 new virusses, it detected 57 (!) even CLamAV got them
>all. I dont wanna sound negative but these results are not even worth to
>be listed as supported scanner :)

That's pretty useless isn't it. Fortunately it was very simple to support.
It's free, but not worth the bother. I can't see how the updates might work
either, it might just be that we've all got a very old one without any
updates. But without a way of getting updates, that doesn't exactly help
very much, does it?
--
Julian Field