spamassassin 2.54 released

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Thu May 15 18:13:58 IST 2003

The DCC website says:

By default, DCC clients send to UDP port 6277 from an anonymous port.
Thus, it is sufficient to open a firewall for clients to outgoing UDP
packets to port 6277 and incoming packets from port 6277. The server
goes to some lengths to try to respond from the same IP address at which
it received a client's request.

Could someone dicpher that for me.  The 6277 incoming isn't initatiated
by an outside source right?  On a stateful firewall I only need to allow
6277 out correct.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation
(619) 594-0653

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 3:32 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

At 23:18 13/05/2003, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > >I am currently running roughly 60,000 messages through 2.54, and
> > >will then do 2.53, to see what the spam score distribution looks
> > >like. This will
> tell
> > >us if it will detect more spam, and whether you need to move your
> threshold
> > >score. Will post later when I have some results.
>
> > Attached is a gif of the distribution of spam scores you get with my

> > 60,000 message test set.
> > Basically it generates a lot less "<=0" values and a lots more 1, 2
> > and 3 values to compensate. Once you get up to 5 or so, the
> > differences between the 2.53 and 2.54 are pretty minimal.
>
>Nice graphs.
>
>I have upgraded to 2.54 on my boxes, and also installed Razor2. If i
>have time i will have an eye on DCC and Pyzor... Razor2 took up several

>hits allready, so is looking like a quick win.

I haven't tried Pyzor yet, but dcc is dead easy to install.
Type "dcc" into Google, and click on the 2nd hit.
Click on the version number at the top of the web page.
Save that on your mail server.
Unpack it and cd into it.
./configure
make
make install
Edit /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf, remove the "DCC" line in
there altogether and put in dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc Then restart
MailScanner.

That's it.
--
Julian Field