Ensim, Redhat 7.2 & Mailscanner and Spamassassin

Steffan Henke henker at SHCOM.US
Wed May 14 14:12:59 IST 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Michael Derringer wrote:

> Works fine on my system, but currently when users adjust aliases, Ensim
> restarts sendmail (not Mailscanner) causing a few problems. I am currently
> investigating the python scripts to fix this.

My way to circumvent that was:
a) copy the parts from the existing /etc/init.d/sendmail to
/etc/init.d/MailScanner that are required to build virtmail hashs and
stuff added by Ensim
b) cd /etc/init.d; mv sendmail sendmail.orig
c) ln -s sendmail MailScanner

Now everytime sendmail is restarted by any process, you basically restart
MailScanner.

Regards,

Steffan