Confused

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun May 11 14:48:37 IST 2003

At 14:40 11/05/2003, you wrote:
>May 11 14:35:14  MailScanner[10566]: User's home directory
>/var/spool/postfix is not writable
>May 11 14:35:14  MailScanner[10566]: You need to set the
>"SpamAssassin User State Dir" to a directory that the "Run As User"
>can write to

I hoped that would be pretty clear. Look up the "Run As User" in
MailScanner.conf. Create a directory somewhere sensible and make sure that
user can write to it.
mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
Then set
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
in MailScanner.conf.

If you have a suggestion for a clearer error message, I'm all ears :-)

--
Julian Field