SophosBusy.lock ownership problem

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 10 15:29:16 IST 2003

At 15:20 10/05/2003, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm running mailscanner-4.20-3/Exim3.36/Sophos3.68 on RH7.3. Once in a
>while, the /tmp/SophosBusy.lock file gets created with root.root
>ownership. This causes problems as I run MS as exim.exim so an old
>/tmp/SophosBusy.lock with root.root ownership can't be removed. Here's a
>bit of the log:
>
>May 10 04:59:28 qcfl MailScanner[17357]: Virus and Content Scanning:
>Starting
>May 10 04:59:28 qcfl MailScanner[17357]: Cannot create
>/tmp/SophosBusy.lock, Permission denied
>
>Am I missing a config setting somewhere? MS was installed from RPM.

I guess it shouldn't try to create the lock file if it already exists. The
-autoupdate scripts all now delete the lock file when they have finished,
so that exim.exim can create a new one.
I think all I need to actually do is stop it logging an error in this
condition, as it should still be able to get a shared lock on the file as
that only needs read permission.
--
Julian Field