Survey: OS, chipset, anti-virus software

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri May 9 11:29:00 IST 2003

Gang,
   Please drop me a note, telling me what operating systems,
hardware chipsets (eg i386, alpha, ia64, mips, sparc, etc),
and anti-virus software products you use with MailScanner.
Please reply to me, not the list.  In my case, the answer
would be:

Solaris 8, sparc, Sophos

I am building a table of what anti-virus products are available
for various OS/chipset combinations, so Julian can include this
information on his webpage.  The webpages for the various
anti-virus products are not very helpful in answering the question:
"What anti-virus products can I use with my computer?"

I would also like to know if any anti-virus product is available
in build-it-yourself source-code form.  Thanks.

--- Jeff Earickson